Welcome to Step 2 of the 4-Step Optimum Workplace System (OWS)
You are on this page because it means you have just completed Step 1 - our FREE Self-Assessment (if not, you can simply go back to Step 1 here).
For Step 2 of the Optimum Workplace System, you will need to conduct a team-wide assessment of how well your company is doing in each of the 5 critical areas for high performance (Nurturing Culture, Structure & Process, Personal Fulfillment, Leadership Alignment, External Relations), as outlined in Step 1. You can download the detailed descriptions of each area here.
Once you have created a free account with EmployeeLife, you can either watch the instructional video here:
Or, follow this step-by-step guide:
1. Prepare your team members’ email addresses in a CSV file (download template here). The format of the file is extremely important:
- The label in row 1, column 1 must be Username (with a capital U). Under this column should be the email addresses of your team members you wish to send the survey to.
- The labels used in row 1, columns 2 onwards can be anything that is relevant to you (common examples are office, division, department, team).
- You can have as many of these groupings as you choose.
- In the free EmployeeLife account, you have free responses for 25 respondents. You can purchase more credits for your additional respondents (1 credit=1 response) here. If you purchase more credits than the number of respondents you actually have, don't worry - you can use the extra credits in succeeding surveys.
2. Upload your CSV file into EmployeeLife here (click on the blue button “Upload Users”).
3. Create a new survey here (click on the blue button “+ New Survey”).
4. Click “Create by copying a template” and select “Optimum Workplace System Team Assessment”. Type in your preferred name for your survey and click “Proceed”.
5. Create a tag for your survey (important later for viewing the results and creating comparisons), such as “Oct 2017 survey”, and hit "Enter".
6. Click the Launch tab, add your recipients, and set the launch and expiry dates of your survey
7. Before launching the survey, ensure that emails from EmployeeLife will not be identified as spam by doing one or all of the following in your company email server settings (ask your IT for assistance):
Add the following emails to your safe sender/whitelist these emails:
Add the domain email.employeelife.com to your safe sender or whitelist
Add IP address 220.127.116.11 to your safe sender or whitelist
8. Click "Save" and “Launch”. The survey will be sent to your team members from 8am to 7pm for the duration that you set, based on your time zone settings.
9. Sit back and wait for the responses to come in. Monitor them here.
At the end of your survey duration, create a shareable dashboard of the survey results like this within minutes (Excel and PowerPoint not needed):
1. Create a survey comparison here (click the blue buttons “+ New Comparison” and then “+ Data”)
2. Select the tag of your survey you previously indicated, and click “Select all” under the grouping you prefer. Click “OK”, and then click “Display”
3. If you are content with how the dashboard looks, click “Save”. You may also send people a copy of the dashboard by sending them a link like this.
4. To get the link, click on “Get Link” across your comparison’s name here. You can then copy-paste this link to your email.
If you have your assessment results already, then you may proceed to Step 3.