Avvanz Background Checks
What Is A Background Check And Why Is It Crucial?
Studies have shown that more than 20% of resumes have discrepancies, underpinning the need for a completely thorough Background Screening to sieve out the wrong hires who can be detrimental to your organization.
Your candidates and employees have to be calibrated to the highest level of "integrity" and "security" to avoid reduced productivity, fraud related costs, reputational damages and even a decline in shareholder earnings.
Background checks can be perceived to be complex. Avvanz provides innovative background check solutions for both pre-employment and in-employment screening. As critical as it is to ensure you hire "safe" and "trustworthy" talents, it's equally important that existing talents are continuously checked as well to protect your organization's assets.
What Kind Of Background Checks Are Available?
- Security checks include due diligence checks, financial checks and identity checks.
- Integrity checks are mainly education, professional qualifications and employment-related checks.
Not all checks are needed for all individuals. The mix of checks that need to be conducted depend on the risk and accountability of the candidate or employee and the industry your company belongs to. Avvanz will be able to offer you free consultation on the best mix of background checks for the various individuals in your organization.
Avvanz offers the following background checks. The "Subject" mentioned below refers to an Individual such as a Candidate or Employee.
A. Due Diligence Background Checks
- Adverse Media Check (with Continuous Monthly Monitoring option) provides negative media from thousands of global new sources, capturing millions of articles of interest from breaking news, current events and relevant media dating back to the early 1900s. The data is 100% behavioural related and not just solely based on a subject's name.
- Global Watchlist and Sanctions (with Continuous Monthly Monitoring option) is a global due diligence solution screen to monitor for KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML (Anti Money Laundering) compliance. It covers sources from 45+ regulatory bodies, 1600+ Watch Lists and Global Sanctions, Criminal Enforcement, Terrorism & Corruption (including money laundering and drug trafficking), Financial Compliance, Health Sanctions and Politically Exposed Persons or PEPs (1200+ sources and 4 million global records).
- Social Media Screening - A thorough vetting is done across the Internet for possible "negative" matches using First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Date of Birth and even Education information. Analysts review publicly available information. Negative content refers to following areas: Sexually explicit content, Potentially unlawful activities, Potentially violent behaviours, Racism and/or Demonstrations of intolerance. Intention is not to review personal Social Media profiles internally in view of personal privacy. Analysts review for only negative content that covers the most dangerous workplace safety areas.
- Office of Foreign Assets Control of the US Department of the Treasury administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on US foreign policy and national security goals against targeted foreign countries and regimes, terrorists, international narcotics traffickers, those engaged in activities related to the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, and other threats to the national security, foreign policy or economy of the United States. OFAC acts under Presidential national emergency powers, as well as authority granted by specific legislation, to impose controls on transactions and freeze assets under US jurisdiction. Many of the sanctions are based on United Nations and other international mandates, are multilateral in scope, and involve close cooperation with allied governments. OFAC publishes lists of individuals and companies owned or controlled by, or acting for or on behalf of, targeted countries. It also lists individuals, groups, and entities, such as terrorists and narcotics traffickers designated under programs that are not country-specific. Collectively, such individuals and companies are called "Specially Designated Nationals" or "SDNs." Their assets are blocked and U.S. persons are generally prohibited from dealing with them. Hiring someone in this list is prohibited.
- Sex Offenders Registry verifies whether the Subjects has any violation history in terms of sexual violation.
- Criminal or Criminality Check - Criminal records with Court and/or Police will be reported.
- Civil Litigation Check searches through sources from Commercial or Civil Courts in jurisdictions where the Subject has resided, worked or attended school.
- Conflict of Interest/Directorship searches for past and present directorships and possibly any disqualifications from directorships.
B. Financial Background Checks
- Bankruptcy Check will check if Subject is declared bankrupt and recorded with insolvency or is facing a bankrupt
- Financial Regulatory Check entails searches with financial regulatory registers to check if Subjects have any disciplinary actions charged that might disqualify them from involvement in the management of a corporation or banned from being securities or futures representatives or banned or disqualified from practising in the financial services industry.
- Credit Check offers information about Subject's borrowing history and financial indebtedness. It may also include payment defaults or delinquencies.
C. Identity Background Checks
- Identity Verification - The I.D. can be a local Identity Card or Passport validation in most cases.
- Address Check - Proof of residency or address is verified
D. Integrity Background Checks
- Education Verification - Highest Education Attainment information will include Dates of attendance, Date of graduation and Type of Certification Eg) Bachelors in Accountancy. Can also check if the qualification was awarded by an unaccredited or fake institution (like degree mills).
- Employment Details with HR - Includes details on joining/leaving dates, designation, roles and responsibilities, reasons for leaving and eligibility for rehire.
- Employment Details with Supervisor - Interview conducted with Supervisor (verbal or written) covering a range of performance and behavioural questions that will be asked to explore how the Subject performed with respect to Key Performance Indicators given and what behaviours the Subject demonstrated.
- Professional Qualifications / Memberships - Includes Professional Certifications/Licenses. Dates and Levels of certifications will be verified. Trade membership related details can also be verified.
Avvanz – Finalist for Best Background Screening Provider at the HR Vendors of the Year 2017 Awards by HumanResources Magazine
How To Order Background Checks?
Avvanz offers multiple modes of ordering checks:
- Order checks online within a minute at www.avvanz.com/screenglobal. This is a first in industry platform that enables you to order a check easily like ordering a book at Amazon. No cumbersome onboarding, no upfront fees and no unnecessary lengthy documentations are required. Morever, this revolutionary platform also offers real-time background check reports which means you don't even need to wait for the interim or final report.
- PROMO: Just for you, Avvanz is extending a 3% discount on all your orders through Optimum Direct. To claim the discount, simply type in "OPTIMUM3" in the promo code field upon check-out at Avvanz.
To view, select, check prices and order for background checks by country, click on www.avvanz.com/screenglobal